Every now and again, it’s important – not to mention refreshing – to take a step back from your day-to-day responsibilities and discuss new ideas and evaluate what others have done and are doing to accomplish goals that may be similar to yours. The GetThere Summit is opportunity to engage in one of those times.
When you attend the GetThere Summit, our goal is to provide you with ideas and tools that will help you exceed the daily demands of your job and position your program for long-term success.
There are benefits for the seasoned veteran as well as those relatively new to GetThere. Here are some of the benefits the GetThere Summit is designed to provide:
- Learn how to maximize the value of GetThere across your company
- Streamline the workflow across your travel, expense and collaboration programs
- Hear from industry thought leaders
- Network and build strategic relationships with your peers
- Benefit from the experience of our product experts
- Earn CCTE elective credits from GBTA
- Demo the latest GetThere and partner products that will be released later this year
- Discover best practices that can elevate your program to new heights
Perhaps you’re sold on attending but need management approval in order to join us. If so, we’re here to help with our guide to writing a winning proposal and a sample letter to get you started.
Write a Winning Proposal
Familiarize yourself with our agenda, which includes topics such as mobile functionality, content transparency, change management, travel policy, adoption best practices, innovation, social media and much more. Identify how these topics align with your current initiatives. Come prepared to engage and learn and you’ll have the basis for a winning proposal.
- Get started with our sample letter
- Identify the workshops you plan to attend and how they will benefit your role
- State your goals for the event
- Align these goals with your department, business unit and even corporate objectives
- Include the cost of airfare, hotel ($139 per night plus 13 percent tax), transportation (one-way taxi fare airport to hotel is about $30 USD with gratuity), and clearly state that the Summit does not charge for registration, meals and event activities
- Commit to circling back with your manager after the event to provide feedback and share an action plan
I hope you’ll make the time to join all of us at this year’s GetThere Summit.